ncCPAp on the GO!

Sub S status

  • 1.  Sub S status

    Silver Most Valuable Member
    Posted 06-20-2019 14:04

    Does anyone know how to check the Treasury Department records as to Sub S status.    We have new client that paper filed with the rev. proc procedure, and NYS want verification of the Federal status, but the feds have not replied to the request.   Thanks in advance for your assistance.  Mark S Rosman

  • 2.  RE: Sub S status

    Silver Most Valuable Member
    Posted 06-20-2019 14:08
    Get a 2848 and call - they'll send a letter confirming status

    Alfonso Mollica
    Mollica Taxes & Accounting
    Levittown NY
    516 597-4991

  • 3.  RE: Sub S status

    Platinum Most Valuable Member
    Posted 06-20-2019 16:06

    I have called The priority number and been told if the 2553 had been accepted.


    Bear in mind, that in doing this many times, some of the IRS cust service reps required my POA to include a 2553 line.           So if you are going to go that route, add that to the POA which you get from the client





    Abby Alhante,  CPA


    Kurcias  & Alhante, LLC  CPAs

    525 Broadhollow Road   Suite 104

    Melville NY  11747

    516.829-5890  Fax 516-829-3976

    Mobile 516-381-9301

    ( E mail response preferred )


  • 4.  RE: Sub S status

    Posted 06-21-2019 10:28
    Did you try calling Pracitioner Priority Hotline

    They are very helpful