NASSAU/SUFFOLK and WESTCHESTER ROCKLAND CHAPTERs OF NCCPAP in conjunction with NYSSCPA Nassau Chapter PRESENT:
Sharing your Perspectives on Tax Season 2020: A Tax Season Unlike Any Other
DATE: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 10 AM - 12:00 PM (ET)
LOCATION: Zoom Webinar
Speaker Panel: Laurence Bloom, CPA; Mark Stewart, CPA; Samuel Azus, CPA; Eliot Lebenhart, CPA; Kenneth Hauptman, CPA; and Alex Resnick, CPA
During this round table discussion “A Post Mortem on Tax Season” we will discuss what went right and wrong during this tax season, how can we continue to implement new processes that will help keep our firms running smoothly and profitability in the future. We will also ask for feedback on how can our organizations help to better educate our clients so that they have a better experience and realistic expectations of our members.
· What you did differently this year
· What can we put into place now to help with extensions
· What new processes worked, didn’t work, what will you continue
· What efficiencies did you gain
· What was the effect of CPA firm assistance with PPP and EIDL programs on your usual tax season schedule, processes, resources
· What was the effect of the due date extension to July 15 on the flow of client information
· Were you satisfied with your software companies adaptation to the various changes that took place during the busy season
· What staffing Issues did you encounter and how did they affect- your workload, processes, profits
· How successful were you in pivoting to a remote and system, were there benefits, how will this affect your processes in the future
· Were you able to pivot to a more paperless process and did you gain
· Did you file for more or less extensions
· Were you able to increase fees billed and if so was there push back or understanding
· Did you see a difference in collections, if so what was the cause
· How can our organizations help to better educate our clients so that they have a better experience and realistic expectations
2 CPE - Special Knowledge
This is a Zoom WEBINAR.
Two Step Registration Process:
IMPORTANT: After you register with NCCPAP, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to register at ZOOM. YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS LINK
After registering with Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email (KCASEY@email@example.com) containing ALL the information needed to attend the webinar.
DISCLAIMER: This program is issuing CPE credit under the CE License of the Educational Foundation of the Nassau/Suffolk Chapter of NCCPAP licensed as a CE provider in New York & New Jersey. If you have a CPA license from another state, please be advised that this CPE may not be accepted by your home state Board of Accountancy/Department of Education. Therefore, please check with your home state Board of Accountancy/ Department of Education as to their policies on acceptance of credit from an out of state CE provider.
New York State License Number: 000216
New Jersey License Number: CE0046700
For a complete copy of Educational Foundation of N/S NCCPAP education program policies including refund policy and complaint resolution policy, contact Kathy Casey at 516-997-9500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Pre-requisite: None Program Level: Intermediate
Advanced Preparation:None Type of Delivery: Group Internet Based