TITLE: Only Two Cetainties in Post COVID 19 Life: Divorce and Taxes
DATE: Thursday, September 23rd 10 AM - 12:00 PM
LOCATION: Zoom Webinar
Scott Ahroni, Partner, Robinson Brog Leinwand Greene Genovese & Gluck P.C.; Veronika Freundlich, Senior Consultant, Mazars USA LLP; Jason Isaacson, Partner, Sunshine, Isaacson & Hecht, LLP
COST: Members: $50 / Non-Members $100
2 CPE TAX
Some experts say that the pandemic has the potential to send divorce rates skyrocketing, and evidence of this possibility is beginning to build. The now-familiar stresses of quarantine – money worries (already a key indicator for marital issues), lack of escape from each other, boredom, and household conflicts – may force couples to consider more closely how they view their partner, marriage and life together.
One poll showed that COVID-19 quarantines are indeed exposing poor relationship dynamics; one-third of couples who responded said the quarantine had harmed their relationship. Interestingly, internet traffic to the legal websites Nolo, DivorceNet.com and Lawyers.com increased by hundreds of thousands of visits as the pandemic hit. Specifically, searches for information about divorcing in New York were up 30%. The New York Post recently reported that divorce inquiries to New York City matrimonial lawyers rose 50% during the first week of the “pause” order in the city.
It’s safe to say marital law practitioners should be gearing up and brushing up for a potential surge in divorce cases on the horizon. One of the most important areas to sharpen is taxation.
* You will learn the impact of COVID-19 on business valuation
* You will learn about analyses that can help find hidden assets
* You will learn about the tax implications of property transfers subject to divorce and planning techniques to avoid undesirable results
- You will learn about the tax implications (or lack thereof) of child support, maintenance, and equitable distribution of retirement accounts;
- You will learn about how the changes to the Court system as a result of COVID-19 will save you time and money;
- You will learn about the impact of the new real estate market relative to the way that the Court views your home and properties;
- You will learn about the impact of your partner’s gain or loss of income as a result of the pandemic on your potential support award
This is a Zoom WEBINAR.
Two Step Registration Process:
IMPORTANT: After you register with NCCPAP, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to register at ZOOM. YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS LINK
After registering with Zoom, you will receive a confirmation email (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing ALL the information needed to attend the webinar.
DISCLAIMER: This program is issuing CPE credit under the CE License of the Educational Foundation of the Nassau/Suffolk Chapter of NCCPAP licensed as a CE provider in New York & New Jersey. If you have a CPA license from another state, please be advised that this CPE may not be accepted by your home state Board of Accountancy/Department of Education. Therefore, please check with your home state Board of Accountancy/ Department of Education as to their policies on acceptance of credit from an out of state CE provider.
New York State License Number: 000216
New Jersey License Number: CE0046700
For a complete copy of Educational Foundation of N/S NCCPAP education program policies including refund policy and complaint resolution policy, contact Kathy Casey at 516-997-9500 or e-mail email@example.com.
Program Pre-requisite: None Program Level: Intermediate
Advanced Preparation:None Type of Delivery: Group Internet Based