NASSAUSUFFOLK

View Only
  • 1.  Client Disengagement

Silver Most Valuable Member
    Posted 12-13-2023 11:57 AM

Hi All,

I am terminating bookkeeping services with a client and need to send a disengagement letter. Do you have a template you are willing to share?

I also need to remove myself as the accountant from the payroll company, quickbooks online, and my NYS professional account. I don't believe I have any POA's that I need to withdraw from but will verify.

There was a telephone conversation yesterday afternoon when the client indicated they wish to terminate services. Quickbooks online is not up to date because I do this quarterly. Also the client hasn't provided checkbook stubs for most of the year or bank statements for the past 6 months. Do I log in and code the transactions now, or is it better if I don't do anything more at this point in time? 

I received a phone message and an email from a successor accountant this morning asking for prior tax returns. Since I have already provided all tax returns when they were filed and accepted, is it okay to charge a fee for additional copies, even if they are delivered electronically?

I have no client original documents. All our business has been conducted remotely. All my fees have been paid to date.

I advised client that they need to make a NYS PTET payment by Friday 12/15/23.

Is there anything else? Thanks for your anticipated assistance. Just want to be certain I have covered all the bases properly.

------------------------------
    Deborah J. Zelen, CPA
    917-923-5331
    debbie@djzcpa.com
    ------------------------------

Discussion Disclaimer

The opinions expressed are the views of the author alone and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity and shall not constitute an accounting opinion.