NASSAUSUFFOLK

View Only
  • 1.  Engagement letters

Posted 10-25-2022 09:11 AM

Does anyone know what the proper wording is when drafting engagement letters for clients if there is only one CPA in the firm, however, there are other employees?
    I am referring to using " I will"  versus "we will".  I had been told previously that even though I did not have a partner and had another professional in the firm I could use "we".  Does another professional refer to only another licensed CPA?  However, I have not found any written guidance on this.  

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Lori Di Marco
    LORI DI MARCO, CPA, PLLC
    Patchogue NY

• 2.  RE: Engagement letters

Silver Most Valuable Member
    Posted 10-25-2022 09:45 AM
    You pay a lot of money for insurance.  Give your rep(s) a call. Either they or someone on their team will have answers for you.  They probably have templates for you to use as well.  Good Luck!

Marc Lusthaus
    CPA
    ROBERT S. LUSTHAUS, CPA PC
    Plainview NY

• 3.  RE: Engagement letters

Bronze Most Valuable Member
    Posted 10-26-2022 07:02 AM
    I would say "the Firm" in lieu of the pronouns. Otherwise, if your team members will engage with the client and assist in the matter, we seems the more appropriate subject pronoun. 

Ruth Bogatyrow Kraft

Partner

Main: (516)-282-3355 Ext. (135)

Cell: (516)-353-3306

Vigorito, Barker, Patterson, Nichols & Porter, LLP

300 Garden City Plaza, Ste. 308

Garden City, New York 11530

Website | Map | Valhalla | NYC | Email

NOTE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is subject to attorney-client privilege and contains confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email message is addressed. This e-mail may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, which provides criminal penalties for your use of this email without permission. This message may contain Protected Health Information covered under HIPAA Rules and HITECH Standards including, but not limited to, all applicable requirements of the HIPAA Security rule in 45 C.F.R. Sections 164.308, 164.310,164.312 and 164.316, including any amendments thereto. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or e-mail and destroy the original message without making a copy

Discussion Disclaimer

The opinions expressed are the views of the author alone and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity and shall not constitute an accounting opinion.