NASSAUSUFFOLK

View Only

Proseries - S Corp Losses Disallowed due to Basis

• 1.  Proseries - S Corp Losses Disallowed due to Basis

Posted 02-29-2024 01:13 PM

For any Proseries users, have any of you figured out the best way to record suspend losses due to basis limitations? When Form 6198 is filled out, it doesn't integrate with any other forms. The best way I could think of is overriding Section A of the K-1 column (c) to zero and overriding column (d) to what the disallowed loss is.

However, when this happens, I don't know if this will roll over to next year or not and there are no spots on the carryover worksheet for this type of carryover, so trying to see if any of you have a best practice for something like this. Proseries phone line was zero help - they simply said they aren't tax preparers and are only here if there are errors and they don't support this type of function.... I would say I would switch platforms but I prep numerous returns in like 30 states so doesn't financially make sense but they stink in terms of support and advances functioning so if any of you have some pointers it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Matthew R. Savello, CPA
    631-338-4599
    ------------------------------

Discussion Disclaimer

The opinions expressed are the views of the author alone and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity and shall not constitute an accounting opinion.