NASSAUSUFFOLK

View Only
  • 1.  Ultratax users

Platinum Most Valuable Member
    Posted 10-24-2022 04:21 PM
    Has any had problems with extension payments and estimated tax payments not coming out of clients bank accounts?

------------------------------
    Robert Brown
    ROBERT N. BROWN, CPA
    Jericho NY

• 2.  RE: Ultratax users

Bronze Most Valuable Member
    Posted 10-24-2022 07:28 PM
    I used Ultratax for 3 years around 4-6 years ago.  That is the main reason I switched programs.

James Kalaitzis
    JAMES KALAITZIS, CPA, PC
    Commack NY

• 3.  RE: Ultratax users

Posted 10-25-2022 10:31 AM
    That is the main reason I am switching from Pro Series. The NYS estimated payments are not consistently withdrawn from clients' accounts!
    I am switching to Ultra Tax, so if there is solution in the program, please advise 

• 4.  RE: Ultratax users

Posted 10-25-2022 10:49 AM
    Was it NYS only by any chance?  I use Lacerte and a NYS extension payment for a C corp did not come out of the client bank account.  It was a multi-state return and all other jurisdiction payments went out.  I expect an assessment for NYS P&I for late payment will be received.  If it's some sort of NYS issue rather than a software issue, that would make it easier to dispute P&I if an assessment is received.

Mary Sherman
    MARY SHERMAN, CPA, CGMA
    Hicksville NY

• 5.  RE: Ultratax users

Posted 10-25-2022 11:02 AM
    In my case recently, it was a NYS estimated payment. When client called to discuss with NYS, she was told "it was accountant's fault"
    It seems odd that two major tax programs, Ultra Tax and Intuit Pro Series have the same problem.

• 6.  RE: Ultratax users

Bronze Most Valuable Member
    Posted 10-25-2022 11:11 AM
    I currently use ProSeries and have had the same problem with NYS estimated tax payments but no issues with any other types of payments .  I'm thinking about returning to Lacerte which never gave me a problem with payments.

James Kalaitzis
    JAMES KALAITZIS, CPA, PC
    Commack NY

• 7.  RE: Ultratax users

Posted 10-25-2022 11:40 AM
    I'm going to use this thread to support a response if/when an assessment is received for late payment.  I think Lacerte and ProSeries are both Intuit, but not UltraTax.  This really sounds like a NYS problem.

Mary Sherman
    MARY SHERMAN, CPA, CGMA
    Hicksville NY

• 8.  RE: Ultratax users

Posted 10-25-2022 11:51 AM
    Mary:

I am going to say, what has  been said to me by so many NcCPAp members over the years. "I thought it was just me. I feel a little better now."

Robert Brown
    ROBERT N. BROWN, CPA
    Jericho NY

• 9.  RE: Ultratax users

Posted 10-25-2022 11:24 AM
    It will go down in history as, "The Season From Hell."

Robert N. Brown, CPA, CGMA

Robert N. Brown, C.P.A.

516-364-4949 work
    516-706-6429 fax
    rbrown@rnbcpa.com      
    390 North Broadway, Suite 120
    Jericho, NY 11753
    www.rnbcpa.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the recipient(s) above or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient(s). The information and any attachments in this e-mail may be privileged, confidential or protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) thereto is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message or by calling 516-364-4949 and delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) and all copies from your system. Thank you.

Discussion Disclaimer

The opinions expressed are the views of the author alone and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity and shall not constitute an accounting opinion.