View Only

Sale of stock in a Canadian entity

  • 1.  Sale of stock in a Canadian entity

    Bronze Most Valuable Member
    Posted 03-30-2022 11:31 AM
    I have a client (trust) who sold an investment in a Canadian based company. The client uses a transfer agent in the US.  The client received a 1099 to report the transaction on their US trust return.  Additionally they received from Canada department of revenue form T5008 reporting the details of the transaction including the proceeds of the sale. Is anyone familiar with the reporting  requirements to Canada and if a Canadian tax return is required a Canadian accounting firm to prepare the return(s) required.  
    I can be contacted via phone as well (516) 902-6347.  thank you

    Mark Dolinger CPA
    Plainview NY 11803

Discussion Disclaimer

The opinions expressed are the views of the author alone and should not be attributed to any other individual or entity and shall not constitute an accounting opinion.